Bizarre Facts About Global Warming
Global Warming! The emerging environmental issue of discussion across the globe. With the current changes in environment and climate has brought the affair of Global warming into picture. Rise in hurricane activity and unnatural climatic changes worldwide has persuaded to consider the rising threat from Global warming. Numerous world-wide summit has been held to reach to healthy conclusion regarding Global warming.
Curious facts regarding Global warming for your knowledge regarding Global warming are as follows:
- Emission of greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide, nitrous dioxide etc will remain in atmosphere making elimination of Global warming impossible for decades.
- Last two decades of 20th century have been the hottest in 400 years according to reports.
- Rising temperature will make people more aggressive. In recent study, it has come across that violent crimes as indirect resultant of Global warming.
- As per studies, it has come across that Artic region will experience its first ice free summer by Year 2040.
- Mountains are becoming taller due to melting of Glaciers.
- Due to Global warming, coral reefs are undergoing worse bleaching.
- 90 percent cause of Global warming is human-made.
- The NRDC (Natural Resources Defence Council) proposed the Clean Air Act to cut power plant emissions by 26 percent in the next 7 years.
- Sea-level have risen by 7 inches in last 100 years.
- The Paris Agreement was implemented as a collaborative global response to climate change with a goal of reducing emissions. This aims to keep the global temperature rise to just 1.5°C.
- Global warming is breeding swarms of giant mosquitoes in the Artic.
- Climate change would lead to 1 in every 5 species of plant or animals to extinction.
- The amount of heat accumulating on Earth because of human emission is roughly equivalent to the heat released by 400,000 Hiroshima bombs exploding around the world every day.
- Approximately 600,000 deaths occurred worldwide because of weather-related natural disasters in the 1990s, where 95 percent of those deaths took place in developing countries.
With such minute changes in our day to day life we can become a huge contributor to a better future. Our future is solely in our hands. The much-debated issue of Global warming can be curbed if every individual understands his/her part of the contribution. Not only we are making our life better now but also presenting a future to our upcoming generations. Remember to Go Green!